Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Winter Vegetable Soup

My lunch today consists of left over soup from a couple of nights ago. This hearty soup is made up of ingredients such as sweet potato, celery root, carrots, spinach and small whole wheat noodles.

COOKING TIPS: Cutting up all of the hard vegetables was a challenge but the preparation was a cinch after that. Having never used celery root before I had a little trouble figuring out how to cut it up. Click on this link for a short video if you've never used it before either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVszyUkorgA

The spinach added towards the end of the recipe would have been easier to eat if it had been chopped up first.

SERVED WITH: I enjoyed this for dinner when I first prepared it. As leftover I found that the soup really thickened up over night and some water/stock needed to be added before reheating. I served up my soup with a small chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread.

RATING: 6. It was enjoyable and hearty but not my favorite.

Tonight I plan on making a vegetarian chili to serve to my running friends after we come back from a long training run. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment