Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Thai Red Curry Shrimp Pasta


A good friend of mine came over for dinner with her husband on Saturday night. Since she is a vegetarian I decided to try out a new shrimp dish from the G.I. Diet Cookbook.

My mom would think I am nuts not to "take the recipe for a test run" and make sure it tastes good before serving it to guests but I figure if it tastes horrible we can always order pizza. (Although that would hardly be following the GI diet) Anyhow I had confidence that it would taste great, this cookbook has not let me down yet! After the initial prep work the meal came together in a snap and didn't interfere with socializing with my guests. It was quite fun to see how quickly the shrimp cook (just 3 -4 minutes) and watch them change colour as they did. The dish got an unanimous thumbs up from everybody.

SERVED WITH: This is a full meal on its own.

COOKING TIPS: This was my first time working with raw shrimp. The most time consuming part of this recipe was preparing the shrimp for cooking. Peeling and deveining the shrimp took me a good 45 minutes. If you have never done it before check out this video to see how its done. Peeling and deveining shrimp

RATING: 8. The leftovers tasted even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment