Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Meal Planning


Every Sunday morning I spend some time planning my meals for the week. It is a lot of work but it pays off when I get home from a long day at work. I don't have to think about what to do for dinner I simply check out my meal plan and get started. I know it can seem like a daunting task but once you get into the swing of it it's not so bad. I love being organized and I love planning but some Sundays are way harder then others. Having some funky paper to write on always helps me. After I have sorted it all out I hang a copy on my fridge. Make sure to always include the name of the recipe, the cookbook it is from and what page you can find it on. If my husband gets home before me he can consult the planner and get started on the prep work before I get home.

If you want a little help getting organized check out this link from one of my favorite blogs called Design Sponge. This is a DIY project that will help you with your meal planning.

This week I am going to try out a few new recipes from the GI Diet Cookbook again. So on the agenda are Chicken Fingers with Sweet Potato Fries and Citrus Poached Haddock. I am also making a delicious meatloaf I got from Runners World magazine. Even though it is not in the GI Diet cookbook I am going to show you what it looks like because it is a super healthy meat loaf made using extra lean ground beef, oatbran, carrots and celery. Stay tuned for some more yummy looking (and tasting) food this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment