Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Falafel with Yogurt-Mint Sauce




This was a yummy dish. I've never attempted making a meal like this before so it was a little something out of the ordinary for me. The chickpea patties would taste just as good on their own as a mid afternoon snack. I found you could not really taste the mint in the yogurt mint sauce but that may have been because I used fresh mint instead of dried.

SERVED WITH: A salad would have been nice but we ate them all on their own.

COOKING TIPS: Do not put all of the oil in the pan right away! When frying the patties they really did soak up the olive oil so I had to add more to the pan for the second batch. The first batch were delicious because they were dripping with oil but I would hardly consider that very healthy.

RATING: 7. Pretty tasty if your in the mood for falafels.

No comments:

Post a Comment