Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Baked Eggs in Ham Cups




This is one of my favorite dishes from the GI cookbook. Tonight I made it for the third time and it tasted as good as it did the first two times. The dish is essentially egg whites with a little seasoning cooked in a nest made of ham slices. I found some great organic ham (and turkey) slices from a local farm called Rowe Farms. The deli slices are sold at my local grocery store which makes it handy to buy. If your having people over for brunch and you want to impress them be sure to serve this. Everyone will think you put a lot of work into it.

SERVED WITH: I always serve this dish with a side salad. Tonight I was organized and added a side of asparagus as well.

COOKING TIPS: Instead of using muffin tins as the recipe suggests I used my ceramic ramekins. It looks prettier and I find a muffin tin that is not completely full starts to smoke. Because of this I had to add an additional 10 minutes to the cook time for a total of 25 minutes in the oven.

RATING: 10. This dish scores a perfect 1o with me because it tastes great, it looks impressive, and it is super easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment