Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Strawberry Oatmeal Shortcakes




So very yummy! This stacked up dessert certainly looks impressive. You won't feel guilty eating it either. That creamy looking filling looks like whipped cream but it's not, it's yogurt cheese. Never heard of it? Well me neither. Simply place some yogurt in a sieve lined with a coffee filter or cheese cloth and let it sit anywhere between 1 and 4 hours, covered in the fridge. What your left with is a thick yogurt which you then sweeten with a touch of sugar, only about two tablespoons was needed. I had company over for dessert and this is what I served. They all liked it and I don't think they were just being polite! :)

SERVED WITH: A hot cup of tea or coffee

COOKING TIPS: I substituted the Splenda that the recipe calls for with half the amount of sugar. For 6 servings I used 1/8 cup of sugar. (I am talking about the cookie part of the recipe here, not the yogurt cheese)

RATING: 8. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this again, in fact I plan on doing just that in two weeks when our company from New York arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment