Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mushroom and Arugula Salad





Back in the day when we used to eat out all the time this was one of my favorite salads from one of my favorite restaurants. I decided to learn how to make it myself so we could have it at home as often as we wished. It is super simple and extremely delicious, especially if you are a mushroom lover like me. It is easy to convert it to a GI friendly recipe, just use low fat cheese.

1 bag of baby arugula
1 lemon
approximately 10 - 12 mushrooms sliced
parmesan cheese (use low fat parmesan to be GI worthy)
olive oil (ok if you limit your serving size)

Squeeze the juice out of one lemon.
Measure just how much you get from the lemon and then add an equal amount of olive oil and whisk together.
Take a taste of the dressing, if it is to tangy for you then add a little more olive oil. I usually find that one whole lemon yields 1/4 cup of juice.
Place arugula in a large bowl and toss with a couple of tablespoons of dressing.
Place arugula on a plate and top with sliced mushrooms and shaved parmesan

SERVED WITH: Any main course you desire.

COOKING TIPS: It is important to note that you do not need a lot of the dressing on this salad. If you use to much it will overpower the subtle flavours of arugula, parmesan and mushrooms.

RATING: 9. This is my favorite salad. I could eat it every night!

Even though I make this all the time I have never thought to take a picture of it. I promise I will take one and post it the next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment