Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Turkey Burgers - Canadian Living Recipe

I had to work this past Saturday so my husband was in charge of sorting out dinner. He prepared me such a tasty meal that I simply had to share it with you. He whipped up some turkey burgers that he served with a baked potato and a side of asparagus. It was absolutely delicious and perfect for a hot summer day. Now this meal was not 100% GI friendly (baked potatoes are red light items) but that is simple to fix. Serve it with some boiled or baked new red potatoes instead.

If you want to make your own turkey burgers simply mix some lean ground turkey with whole wheat bread crumbs, green onions, a little Parmesan cheese and an egg. Then pop it on the BBQ or broil it in the oven.

COOKING TIPS: I haven't got any since I didn't lift a finger on this one.

SERVED WITH: A baked potato with yogurt (instead of sour cream) and asparagus.

RATING: 9. It would have scored a perfect 10 if it weren't for the red light baked potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment