Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Stuffed Peppers





I have been avoiding this recipe for a long time. I am not a big fan of peppers of any colour. I usually only eat them if they are chopped up really small and hidden in something. Today I was in the mood to try out a new recipe so I choose this one for some reason. It was actually quite fun to make. After preparing the filling of rice, beef and seasonings you stuff it into a pepper and believe it or not pop it into a pot of water and simmer it for 45 minutes. This was a novel way of cooking meat for me.

This recipe made 4 peppers/4 servings. My husband and I felt that 1/2 a pepper was filling enough. We have plenty of left overs to gobble up this week.

COOKING TIPS: I cooked the rice before I mixed it with the meat. You don't have to but I always find grains take forever to cook when mixed with other ingredients.

SERVED WITH: This really a whole meal packed into a pepper. It has your grain, meat and veg all in one. Never the less I felt an extra serving of veggies couldn't hurt so I served it with some broccoli.

RATING: A solid 8. This dish reminded me of a cabbage roll made with a pepper instead of cabbage. It was a lot less greasy then any cabbage roll I have ever eaten as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment