Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quinoa, Bean and Vegetable Chili


Last night the gang came over dinner after we went out for a long run. I wanted to have something all made up and ready to go since I knew we would be starving by the time we got home. I made up some vegetarian chili with quinoa on Friday night and simply reheated it on Saturday. This recipe is delicious! You could trick any meat lover with this vegetarian chili. It is so hearty and delicious you would swear there was meat in it. Above is a picture of the chili in the pan just before I dished it out. We were way to hungry to stop and take a picture of it on our plates.

SERVED WITH: I served it with cilantro and a dollop of sour cream. This chili is super easy to make and there is no need to simmer it for hours like a traditional chili, just 20 minutes. This is one of my favorite recipes from the GI diet cookbook so far

COOKING TIPS: The smaller cut up the veggies the quicker it's done!

RATING: 9. Definitely a comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment