Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chicken Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Confit



You really have to love onions to enjoy this dish. The dish is basically a slice of bread topped with sliced chicken, roasted red pepper, and swiss cheese. (and of course some other ingredients to make it flavorful) While it sounded delicious this was not one of my favorite recipes. My husband liked it and said that he would eat it again. I am not sure if I would. I felt that the flavor of the onions was a little overpowering and you really couldn't taste the chicken. Although I think I may have undercooked the onions as I was starving when I got home and very anxious to eat.

COOKING TIPS: Make sure to fully cook your onions!

SERVED WITH: I served the sandwich with a side salad to round out the meal.

RATING: 4. I really didn't enjoy this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment