Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Citrus-Paoched Haddock


I managed to muster up the energy to cook dinner tonight instead of spending more time on the couch watching TV. The reason I chose this dish is because I had some leftover white wine from a few nights ago that I didn't want to pour down the drain (I don't like white wine and besides it is not on the list of acceptable foods according to the GI diet anyhow)

The recipe was pretty easy to following and was ready in a quick 20 minutes. With barely any prep work this makes for the perfect weekday meal.

SERVED WITH: I served the fish with a side of brown rice and cauliflower. It would have made a nice presentation if I had used broccoli or green beans to add some colour to the plate but that was what I had left in the crisper at the end of the week.

COOKING TIPS: I found my poaching liquid evaporated before the fish was fully cooked and ended up adding in some extra stock to keep it going. This resulted in a complete lack of sauce to pour over the fish at the end. I think I went wrong when choosing a frying pan that was to large. Perhaps if it was in a smaller pan the liquid would have stuck around longer.

RATING: 7. Even with problem with the quickly disappearing liquid the meal was still pretty tasty and I would definitely try it again. Although, I might try it with a different type of fish as I found the haddock to have a slightly unpleasant "fishy" smell. (yes my fish was fresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment