Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Runner's World Meatloaf





This is one of my old stand by recipes. It is not in the GI cookbook. I got it from Runner's World Magazine. It is a pretty healthy dish consisting of lean ground beef, a ton of veggies, and oatbran.
Get the recipe by clicking here.

My dish came out quite wet and didn't serve up in perfect slices but it tasted great anyways. Yes I know it looks ok in the picture but that is only because I squished it together so that it would look appetizing for the photo. What is even better is I have plenty of left overs for lunch for a few days.

SERVED WITH: I had to get a little creative with the veggies this week. I used what I had in the crisper. So we ended up with a side salad, green beans and fried mushrooms. Now that I have been on a healthy eating kick for the past two weeks I am even finding myself eating my veggies plain without any butter or salt. I am learning to enjoy the natural flavor of vegetables. Well I lie, the mushrooms were fried in some butter...that is what makes them taste so good! :)

COOKING TIPS: The trick with the dish is finely chopping the vegetables so that they cook all the way through. I don't have a food processor so I just spend a few extra minutes chopping, chopping and chopping.

RATING: 9. It tastes great and is full of healthy ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment