Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Cooking/Baking Fest in the Kitchen





Yesterday I spent the majority of my afternoon in the kitchen. Taking care of my health by staying on the GI Diet and cooking almost every meal of the week for my husband and I is a lot of work. In order to get ready for the week I took advantage of some time alone in the house to get prepared for the week so that I would have less work to do when I get home from work.

So my marathon of baking and cooking included making:

2 batches of Chocolate Zucchini Muffins - which we will eat as a snack each day and will last us at least two weeks

2 batches of Blueberry Rock Cakes - again to have as a snack here and there over the next few weeks.

1 batch of strawberry jam for on our toast in the mornings

1 pot of Ham and Split Pea Soup for dinner on Monday night (and leftovers for lunch on Tuesday)

1 Chicken and Rice Casserole for dinner Tuesday night (and leftovers for lunch on Wednesday)

1 batch of basic spaghetti sauce for dinner on Thursday night (and left overs for lunch on Friday, the rest to be frozen for dinner next week)

Every Wednesday we go for a run and sushi with our friends so we are covered for food until Friday night. I have planned something that is quick and easy to make for dinner on Friday because who wants to spend an hour in the kitchen after a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment