Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken Rice Casserole


I have made this dish two or three times already. You have your vegetables, meat and grain all in one dish so making it is a snap and there are plenty of leftovers. At first I was not used to working with ground chicken and I was hesitant to try it out but now that I have worked with it I am ok with it and not as quick to dismiss recipes with ground poultry in them.

SERVED WITH: Nothing else is needed.

COOKING TIPS: I cook the rice before I add it to the casserole. The first time I didn't and it took way to long to cook it through. Even though I pre cooked the rice I still put it in the oven for the full hour suggested in the recipe.

RATING: 6. It is a good stand by recipe because it is easy to make and filling but not the most exciting dish flavour wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment